Monday, March 12, 2018
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Drafting Effective Wills and Trusts, which will take place on Thursday, March 15, 2018 at the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel in Nashville, TN. Provided below is a description of the event:
Help Your Clients Meet Their Estate Planning Needs
Do you have a clear understanding of the basic tax issues, medical decisions, and planning documents that can complicate the estate planning and probate processes? Are you prepared to answer your clients' tough questions about planning for final wishes? Attend this seminar to gain insight into the fundamentals of preparing estate planning documents, including wills, trusts, and ancillary documents. Discover the pros and cons of using various types of documents, as well as the tax ramifications involved. Register today!
- Choose the planning document that is best suited for your client.
- Provide protection for minors, incompetent persons, and beneficiaries with special needs.
- Learn how and when to use revocable living trust, pour-over wills, and durable powers of attorney.
- Reduce your clients' future tax burdens.
- Use a living will or durable power of attorney for health care to help the client control end-of-life medical decisions.
- Handle ethical issues that arise in estate planning, such as competency of the client and conflicts of interest.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar will provide fundamentals of drafting wills and trusts for:
- Trust Officers
- Tax Professionals
- Fundamental Principles of Will Drafting
- Using Living Trusts and Powers of Attorney as Estate Planning Tools
- Basic Tax Considerations - What You Need to Know in Order to Choose the Appropriate Plan
- Ethics and Estate Planning
- Planning Methods to Control Medical Treatment
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00 *
Financial Planners – Financial Planners: 7.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.60
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants/NASBA: 7.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA
Professional Achievement in Continuing Education – PACE: 7.00 *
* denotes specialty credits