Monday, January 1, 2018
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Divorce Cases from Start to Finish, which will take place over the course of two days, starting on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, at the Holiday Inn Express San Diego Downtown in San Diego, CA. Provided below is a description of the event:
A Comprehensive Walk Through Divorce
Are you confident you can successfully navigate through the twists and turns of the divorce process? Join us as we walk through the steps of divorce from client intake and filing to important considerations concerning child and spousal support, custody, asset, and debt division. Learn how to handle a divorce case step-by-step - register today!
- Discuss ways to effectively gather important information during client intake.
- Walk through the preliminary steps in the divorce process with a look at jurisdiction considerations, filing and more.
- Review how to properly complete financial affidavits as well as what to look for in the other side's.
- Explore successful informal and formal discovery methods in divorce cases.
- Learn what custody and visitation options should be considered in divorce.
- Take a close look at considerations for both child and spousal support.
- Review crucial exemption and deduction considerations to factor in through the divorce process.
- Examine the fundamental issues that need to be addressed post-divorce.
Who Should Attend
This basic level program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.
- California Divorce Law Fundamentals
- Client Intake
- Initial Steps in Filing
- Essential Discovery Tools in Divorce
- Examining Financials: What to Look For
- Custody and Visitation Considerations
- Child Support: Guidelines and Calculations
- Spousal Support/Maintenance
- Division and Valuation of Assets and Debt
- Tax Considerations in Divorce
- Ethical Considerations in Divorce
- Tips for Mediation/Arbitration in Divorce Cases
- Marital Settlement Agreements: Pitfalls, Drafting Tips and More
- The Divorce Hearing and Trial
- Post-Divorce Considerations
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 12.00 *
* denotes specialty credits