Saturday, November 11, 2017
The National Business Institute is holding a conference entitled, Wrongful Death Litigation: Start-to-Finish, which will take place on Thursday, November 30, 2017, at the Hampton Inn & Suites Charlotte-Arrowood in Charlotte, NC. Provided below is a description of the event:
Get Real-World Tips from Top Attorneys
How do you prove and calculate conscious pain and suffering? How do you navigate the probate court while pursuing a tort claim? How do you successfully communicate autopsy evidence to the judge/jury and present them with a dollar amount? Whether you represent the plaintiff or the defense, you need specialized litigation strategies when taking on a wrongful death case. Top attorney faculty will show you how to find hidden coverage; negotiate loss of consortium, future benefits and life expectancy with insurance companies; use cell phone records to prove negligence; and create effective exhibits that reveal the relationships of family members. Don't miss this unique opportunity to learn in 6 hours what it has taken top attorneys years to hone and refine. Register today!
- Identify red flags in intake and effectively communicate with family members and personal representatives.
- Examine the will and get probate court approval to pursue/settle.
- Learn the secrets insurance companies use to investigate a wrongful death case.
- Find hidden coverage unique to wrongful death cases and interpret ambiguous policy language.
- Preserve and obtain accident scene evidence; authenticate cell phone and GPS evidence.
- Use photographs of the decedent effectively at trial.
- Analyze and interpret medical records to prove negligence/liability.
- Gain voir dire strategies specific to a wrongful death case.
- Learn how to gain the best evidence from the decedent's autopsy to support your case.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level seminar is designed for attorneys. Insurance professionals, claims managers/adjusters, mediators, and hospital risk managers may also benefit.
- Filing the Wrongful Death Lawsuit and Insurance Coverage Examination
- Accident Scene Investigation Strategies: Secrets Adjusters Don't Want You to Know
- Working with the Probate Court
- Using Medical Experts and Records to Determine Cause of Death and Liability
- Wrongful Death Damages - Strategy, Evidence and Calculations
- Successfully Negotiating Wrongful Death with Insurance Companies
- Trial of the Wrongful Death Case - Tips From Top Attorneys
- Upholding Ethical Standards in Wrongful Death Cases
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00 *
Insurance – Insurance: 6.00 *
* denotes specialty credits