Wednesday, August 27, 2014
ABA Publishing has released an innovative new book by Seymour Goldberg entitled, Can You Trust Your Trust? This book is written in an accessible and practical manner, and is easily comprehensible. It is an indispensable resource for anyone looking to use a trustee or is involved with trusts and estate planning. Further details are provided below:
A trust is frequently seen as the alter ego of a will. Trusts are often worthwhile but can be nightmares if improperly administered. As a result of the revamping of state trust laws in many states, trustees often find themselves with more questions than they were ever prepared for, without easily discernible answers, such as:
- Are there ever occasions where I shouldn’t provide for a long-term trust?
- How do I know if I can trust my trust?
- What should I look out for?
- What should I look for when selecting an institutional trustee to administer my trust?
- What trustee liability issues should I be aware of?
All of these questions and more should be taken into consideration when deciding whether or not it makes sense for you to provide for trusts in your estate plans.