Friday, August 15, 2014
Beyond the basics of writing a will and deciding how assets will be divided, many important estate planning considerations are often forgotten. Here are five questions to answer when deciding the next step for estate planning:
- Would it benefit me and my family to gift during my life?
- Do I need to seek specialized advice?
- Do I have a plan in place for if I become disabled or incapacitated?
- Does my will include my wishes for how end-of-life decisions should be made?
- Does my family know what my wishes and estate planning decisions are?
See Rich Dunn, Your Most Important Estate Planning Questions—Part Two, Farm Futures, Aug. 8, 2014.