Thursday, May 1, 2014
Barbara Hauser recently published a book entitled, International Estate Planning: A Reference Guide, (August 2013). Provided below is a description of the book found on the Juris Publishing, Inc. Web Store:
International Estate Planning is a practical and authoritative guide to a tremendously complex field. It provides indispensable information to lawyers, accountants, and other practitioners who work on estate planning with clients who have issues involving other countries. The book is divided into two main parts: Part One addresses the tax issues; Part Two addresses the non-tax issues. The focus of the book is on estate planning to avoid wealth transfer taxes with references to income taxes.
Topics include clients who may:
• Own homes outside the U.S.
• Have children or parents who live in other countries
• Have a spouse who is not a citizen
• Work for a multinational corporation in an office abroad
• Be “foreigners” who have investments in the United States