Monday, April 28, 2014
A survey conducted by the Society of Actuaries as well as Matthew Greenwald and Associates came up with six findings that might serve as a sign that you should spend a little more time planning for your retirement.
- Many people leave work for a variety of reasons like health, not feeling valued at work, or losing a job involuntarily instead of reaching the retirement age.
- People plan for their income but not inflation.
- Not much planning is being done for emergencies.
- Many start collecting Social Security benefits before the best time strategically.
- People are keeping assets in case of an unexpected financial situation.
- Most retired folks feel satisfied.
The last finding shows that retired folks are not in crisis mode, but their lifestyle could be improved by learning about the key issues in retirement and planning for them.