Monday, April 28, 2014
Many people want to pass along the core value of philanthropy to their children. Research done by Fidelity Charitable, reveals that there are six steps to introducing and teaching your children philanthropy.
- Get in synch with your partner in terms of the overall goal for engaging your children in the philanthropic process.
- Discuss philanthropy with your kids and be enthusiastic about it.
- Involve your children.
- Volunteer as a family unit.
- Teach children the value of money.
- Have a separate charitable giving account. Consider using a trust.
See Fidelity Viewpoints Team, 6 Ways To Teach Your Children Philanthropy, Forbes, Apr. 24, 2014.
Special thanks to Jim Hillhouse (Professional Legal Marketing (PLM, Inc.)) for bringing this article to my attention.