Tuesday, April 1, 2014
The American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education (ALI CLE) is presenting a CLE entitled, Business Succession Planning: Vintage Issues in the New Paradigm, on Monday, April 14, 2014. Provided below is a description of the event:
There are some key questions that must be answered early in the development of a family-owned company:
- What are the goals and objectives of the business-owning family?
- Should the business stay in the family?
- Are any family members interested in running the business and if so, are they qualified?
- Should a “piece of the pie” be provided to key non-family employees? If so, in what form?
- How are the family business owners motivated to plan?
Attend this CLE webcast on business succession planning to learn the essential business, tax, employee benefits, and estate planning aspects that must be analyzed in any business succession planning.