Friday, March 14, 2014
The American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education (ALI CLE) is presenting a CLE entitled, I Do, Act II: Estate Planning for Second Marriages, on Thursday, March 27, 2014. Provided below is a description of this event:
Estate planning techniques that are effective for spouses in a first marriage may be less so when applied to “blended families” in which one or both spouses have children from prior marriages.
Register today and learn everything you need to know when offering tax and estate planning advice to clients in second marriages. Our expert faculty will discuss the pitfalls a practitioner may face when drafting for clients in a second marriage and provide an overview of nuptial agreements, elective share planning, and marital trusts.
Discussion will include:
- identifying the issues involved in estate planning for second marriages
- requirements for valid nuptial agreements
- how to effectively waive specific property rights in nuptial agreements
- tax considerations of nuptial agreements
- how to draft for second marriage clients, including elective share planning and marital trusts
- and more!