Monday, February 24, 2014
- Conflicts with the decedent should not influence the money you inherit.
- Wait to spend the windfall until you actually receive it.
- Prioritize a wish list to spend the money on.
- Make sure you keep your insurance policies up to date.
- Invest 90% of your inheritance.
- Take ongoing costs into consideration.
See Robert Pagliarini, 6 Tips to Spend Your Inheritance, Money Watch, Feb. 14, 2014.
Special thanks to Jim Hillhouse (Professional Legal Marketing (PLM, Inc.)) for bringing this article to my attention.