Tuesday, February 25, 2014
How do you know if that person you’re dating is a financial match? Here are eight steps to find someone financially compatible:
- Understand your own money habits first.
- Observe their money patterns.
- Start including money in conservation.
- Ask direct questions but have an open mind.
- Find out the reason behind a particular money habit.
- If things get serious, make sure you cover spending, saving, and budgeting in general as well as their financial past, future, and philosophy.
- Beware of unacceptable behaviors, such as lying or financial bullying.
- Have fun finding out more about your partner.
See Laura Shin, Want to Know If Your Partner Is a Financial Match? Take These 8 Steps, Forbes, Feb. 20, 2014.