Tuesday, February 11, 2014
The American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education (ALI CLE) is presenting a telephone seminar and audio webcast entitled, What the Peierls Cases Mean For Trust Fiduciaries and Their Advisors, on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 12:30 p.m.- 2:00 p.m. Eastern. Provided below is a description of the event:
Learn the significance of the Peierls decisions from attorneys who represented the Peierls family in the Delaware Court of Chancery and Supreme Court.
Attendees will receive practical advice on how to migrate trusts to Delware, as well as learn the significance of moving the situs of trust and the impact of the Peierls decisions on the various methods available under Delaware law to modify irrevocable trusts.
Topics Include :
- the prior consent petition practice in Delaware
- key holdings of the Delaware Supreme Court opinions
- Impact of the Supreme Court decisions on the methods for modifying trusts under Delaware law
- Common reasons why non-Delaware residents utilize Delaware trusts and how a trust may be modified under under Delaware law in order to take advantage of Delaware's statutes
- the significance of the Peierls decisions with respect to trusts situs and governing law