Thursday, January 30, 2014
Asset protection attorney, Ike Devji, has observed both positive and negative patterns among several demographics, one of which is women. While these patterns are issues that anyone can exhibit, women that are doing the following negative patterns that Devji has outlined below should be aware that these could effect their financial status.
- Permit their significant other to take of the finances.
- Women are consistently underinsured.
- Taking too much financial risk.
- Working without formal legal contracts.
- Not ending negative personal or professional relationships soon enough.
- Not making themselves a priority with regard to salary.
- Not getting a prenuptial agreement when entering a marriage.
- Not collecting debt owed to them because of pride, conflict, or frustration.
- Misplacing important documents or not knowing who the financial and legal people involved in their own finances.
See Ike Devji, Common Mistakes Some Smart Women Still Make With Money, Estate and Legal Planning, Pro Asset Protection, Jan. 22, 2014.