Monday, January 20, 2014
The University of Texas School of Law and The Wealth Management and Trust Division of the Texas Bankers Association are presenting the 10th Annual Changes and Trends Affecting Special Needs Trusts – A Guide for Attorneys, Financial Advisors and Trust Officers This 12-hour CLE (and 1.75 hours of ethics) will be held on February 6-7, 2014, at the Marriott Austin North in Round Rock, TX. Provided below is a description of the event:
The 10th Annual Changes and Trends Affecting Special Needs Trusts brings together leading professionals in the SNT field, features the latest updates, and offers a great set of materials including sample forms, drafting tips, sample language and resources.
This year’s program includes:
- Special Needs Trusts Basics on Thursday morning
- A look at recent changes to the POMs manual, office policies, and the status of ongoing efforts at the Social Security Administration
- Trustee Duties and Responsibilities to Beneficiaries of Special Needs Trusts
- Considerations in choosing a trustee
- SNT Transition Mechanics
- The Impact of the Affordable Care Act on SNTs
- Presentations by key agencies, including the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) and the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS)
If you work with special needs trusts—or want to learn how to use, draft, fund and administer them—don't miss this program!