Thursday, January 30, 2014
The ABA Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law is presenting a CLE entitled, Private Placement Life Insurance: Income and Estate Tax Planning for Wealthy Families, on Tuesday, at 1:00-2:30 pm ET February 18, 2014. Provided below is a description of the event:
In this current environment of high transfer-tax exemptions and substantially increased income tax rates, counselors of wealthy individuals and families should broaden their focus to include strategies that maximize their clients' transfer–tax savings and minimize their income taxes. Private placement life insurance (PPLI) serves as a flexible vehicle that can dramatically reduce the income taxation of investment earnings while providing interesting estate planning benefits as well.
Our panelists will discuss the following:
- Tax and financial attributes of PPLI
- Investment considerations
- The Investor Control Doctrine and IRS diversification requirements
- Onshore vs. offshore policies
- Intra-family financing (aka Private Split Dollar)
- Examples of various PPLI ownership structures and techniques for incorporating PPLI into clients' existing estate planning and investment structures
Register now for this program using your ABA ID (00954888).