Friday, January 10, 2014
Here are HM Revenue & Customs’ 10 oddest excuses for sending in a late tax return:
- My pet goldfish passed away.
- I had a run-in with a cow.
- After seeing a volcanic eruption in the news, I couldn't concentrate on anything else.
- My wife refuses to give me my mail.
- I believed my husband when he told me the deadline was 31 March.
- I've been far too busy touring with my one-man play.
- My bad back means I can't go upstairs where my tax return is.
- I've been cruising around the world in my yacht and only picking up post when I am on dry land.
- Our business doesn't really do anything.
- I've been too busy submitting my clients' returns.
See ‘My Goldfish Died’: 10 Oddest Excuses for Late Tax Returns, The Independent, Jan. 7, 2014.
Special thanks to Jim Hillhouse (Professional Legal Marketing (PLM, Inc.)) for bringing this article to my attention.