Friday, December 20, 2013
You don’t need to be a millionaire to give to charity. You don’t even need to open your checkbook. Here are six ways how:
- Donate appreciated stocks and mutual funds.
- Use sites like GoodSearch.com to raise money for a cause while surfing the internet.
- Volunteer your time by delivering meals to the homebound, shoveling snow for others, or helping with a cause’s social-media campaign.
- Donate property by finding charities in need of what you’re willing to part with.
- Give your IRA distribution if you’re 70 ½ or older.
- Name your favorite charity as a beneficiary of your IRA.
See Veronica Dagher, Generosity, Without a Checkbook, The Wall Street Journal, Dec. 7, 2013.
Special thanks to Jim Hillhouse (Professional Legal Marketing (PLM, Inc.)) for bringing this article to my attention.