Monday, December 30, 2013
Here are 10 reasons you should convert to a Roth IRA:
- You’ll be taxed at a higher federal marginal tax rate in the future.
- You’re going to move to a high tax state.
- You won’t need your IRA when you’re 70 1/2.
- You want to leave money to grandkids.
- You’re expecting a taxable estate.
- Your IRA investments have tanked.
- You plan on using non-IRA cash to pay tax.
- You have special tax items.
- You’ve lost a spouse.
- Your Social Security could be taxed.
See 10 Reasons to Convert to a Roth IRA, Forbes.