Monday, November 18, 2013
Because of the many existing health risks and conditions the odds of having to go to a hospital for a loved one is high. Hospitals can be a scary place so Forbes contributor Carolyn Rosenblatt has provided six tips for people to consider when family members are in a hospital.
- Have an understanding of the "pecking order” to know who to ask about treatment plans
- The person who will most likely know the daily condition of your loved one is the nurse
- Ask for clarification of confusing medical terms
- Designate one person to receive updates from the hospital
- Find important documentation such as health care directives or a health care power of attorney
- Be aware of how you are dealing with the situation
See Carolyn RosenblattSix Action Tips For When Your Loved One Is Hospitalized, Forbes, Nov. 15, 2013.
Special thanks to Brian Cohan (Attorney at Law, Law Offices of Brian J. Cohan, P.C.) for bringing this article to my attention.