Tuesday, October 29, 2013
More and more families are non traditional these days. This change also prompts a change in estate planning. Below are a few estate-planning tips for non-traditional families from the Estate Planning Digest.
Suggestions for Blended Families:
- Designate who will be included in the estate plan.
- Talk to family members in advance so that they can fully comprehend the plan.
Suggestions for Women in Divorce:
- Participate in the financial planning.
- Realize the value of your worth
Suggestions for Same - Sex Couples:
- Use all available tax deductions and marital deduction trusts.
See Tips for Navigating Through Estate Planning For Modern Families, Estate Planning Digest, Oct. 16, 2013.
Special thanks to Jim Hillhouse (Professional Legal Marketing (PLM, Inc.)) for bringing this article to my attention.