Saturday, October 26, 2013
Financial planning has put together the top five factors that estate-planning specialists should take into account when determining an inheritance. Designing an inheritance includes looking at the totality of the situation however, below are a few factors that will help achieve a better estate plan.
- Is there an amount of inheritance that would deter the beneficiary from being productive?
- What is a good age to inherit?
- Are there any inhibiting issues such as drug addiction or alcoholism?
- Should each beneficiary be treated similarly?
- Who should be your fiduciary?
See Tracy Craig, Estate Plan Design: 5 Key Questions for Clients, Financial Planning , Oct. 24, 2013.
Special thanks to Jim Hillhouse (Professional Legal Marketing (PLM, Inc.)) for bringing this article to my attention.