Thursday, October 10, 2013
In an effort to promote the value of financial planning, this week is the Financial Planning Association’s 12th annual Financial Planning Week. Here are 20 ways the FPA has suggested you celebrate this week:
- Balance your checkbook.
- Contribute to your favorite charity.
- Start a savings account.
- Teach your children how to save and spend.
- Create or revise your will.
- Show some appreciation to your financial planner.
- Pay off credit cards.
- Plan for college.
- Start an emergency fund.
- Take advantage of employee benefits.
- Develop a holiday spending budget.
- Plan for year-end tax strategies.
- Purchase a financial planning session for a loved one.
- Give a friend a subscription to a personal finance magazine.
- Invite financial planners to speak at your workplace.
- Review your insurance coverage.
- Write down your financial goals.
- Begin using personal finance software.
- Look up at least three financial terms that you’ve never understood.
- Discuss long-term care with a relative.
See Liz Davidson, 20 Ways to Celebrate Financial Planning Week with Finesse, Forbes, Oct. 10, 2013.