Friday, September 13, 2013
The American Legal Institute is offering a Telephone Seminar entitled, Client Management in Trust and Estate Disputes, on September 18, 2013 at 12:30 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. EDT Provided below is a description of the event:
- Patricia L. Davidson, Mirick, O' Connell, DeMallie & Loungee, LLP, Worcester, MA (Planning Chair)
- Nancy T. Harmon, Partner, Harmon and Robertson, P.C., Westport, MA
Complex family dynamics.
Decades of poor communication.
Misunderstanding among the different generations.
Trust and estate disputes often involve complicated family circumstances that lead to myriad emotions: abandonment, disappointment, grief, guilt, and jealousy. Vulnerable clients are not the only ones who need special attention- lawyers may also encounter clients who are unreasonable, uncooperative, unstable, and vindictive.
- setting expectations and realistic goals
- exploring variables inherent in probate litigation
- understanding the relationship between beneficiaries and fiduciaries
- handling court delays and unpredictability
- encouraging communication
- explaining fees and billing
- And more !