Sunday, September 15, 2013
- Is it necessary to have an investment advisor? If you have under $100,000 for investing you should probably consider saving more for retirement.
- Evaluate the complexity of your investments.
- Set goals for your investments.
- Keep in mind that paying a lot for an investment advisor does not mean you are guaranteed great results. Be careful you may end up paying too much if you don't know what price point to expect.
- Ask yourself if you want to call the shots and choose an advisor that will communicate with you as regularly as you like.
See Mitch Tuchman, How To Hire An Investment Advisor, Forbes, Aug. 30, 2013.