Friday, August 30, 2013
The American Law Institute Continuing Legal Education (ALI CLE) and the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) is sponsoring a telephone seminar and audio webcast entitled, Planning for International Estates 101, on Thursday, September 12, 2013. Provided below is a description of the event:
Attend this program and get you the tools you need to take advantage of important planning opportunities for your client, as well as avoid some common pitfalls when it comes to international estate planning!
Join distinguished Fellows of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel for an enlightening discussion of how IRS statutes and regulations differ for cross-border and non-citizen spouse estate planning.
- analyzing a client's citizenship
- domicile issues for non-citizens
- difference between the rules governing income taxes versus transfer taxes
- ownership and titling of assets - beware the traps!
- importance of treaties
- forms of asset ownership between husband and wife