Tuesday, July 30, 2013
American Law Institute and the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel is sponsoring a teleconference replay on July 30, 2013 from 12:30-2:00 pm Eastern Time entitled Planning and Administering Estates and Trusts: The Income Tax Consequences You Need To Consider.Below is description of the program:
When planning and administering estates and trusts, do you know how to avoid income tax traps while maximizing income tax planning opportunities?
In this engaging CLE seminar, experts from The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel teach you helpful strategies to both minimize unexpected income tax liabilities and secure special income tax planning benefits in the context of related-party transactions, decedents, trust, and estates.
This replay was originally presented on May 9, 2013. Questions submitted during the program will be answered by email within two business days after the program.
The replay is being held on July 30. Click here to register.
What You Will Learn
- impact of income tax changes on trusts and estates made by the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (ATRA)
- unexpected income tax consequences arising from lifetime gifts and related-party transactions
- immediate pre-death income tax planning opportunities
- basis and other income tax issues arising at death
- administering trusts and estates to minimize income taxes
- state income tax issues impacting trusts and estates
Who Should Attend
Accountants, fiduciary counsel, estate planners, estate and trust administrators, and other attorneys who handle tax matters in the context of estate administration should attend this accredited continuing legal education program from ALI CLE.