Thursday, April 25, 2013
- The caregiver is secretive about the elder’s finances.
- The elder is financially supporting the caregiver.
- The caregiver isolates the elder from others.
- The caregiver insists on being in the room when anyone else is present.
- The caregiver has a history of substance abuse.
- There are changes in the estate planning paperwork.
- The caregiver moves the elder to his home without warning.
See Carolyn Rosenblatt, Is a Family Member Ripping Off Your Aging Parent?, Forbes, Apr. 22, 2013.