Thursday, December 20, 2012
Minnesota CLE is hosting a Live Seminar entitled, 2013: An Estate Planning Odyssey: Critical Issues In Planning, Drafting and Administration on Friday, January 4, 2013 from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The keynote address will be given by Ronald D. Aucutt. Attorneys who cannot make it to the live seminar can also view the Mr. Aucutt's keynote address through webcast. Provided below is a description of the event:
- Ron Aucutt’s coverage of what happens in the 2012 election; tax reform in general; estate, gift and GST taxes and any last-minute developments
- The latest on changes to the Minnesota estate tax – the calculator; the intersect with federal estate and gift tax law changes and the status of “qualified” property
- Small Estates Panel – drafting ideas for equalizing gifts; planning to minimize claims under recovery statutes; using trusts to protect M.A. interests; inter vivos gifts to reduce Minnesota estate tax and disclaimers for federal estate taxes
- Large Estates Panel – predicable ramifications of inaction or action by Congress; the perils of independent trustees and trust protectors; drafting tips including guiding language for trustees, avoiding the Delaware tax trap, decanting provisions and disclaimers
- Income tax issues for trusts and estates – pitfalls and opportunities of higher rates on ordinary income; capital gains rate increases; the new tax on investment income for individuals and trusts and thoughts on investment allocation to minimize the impact of the new tax
- And much, much more!