Thursday, September 18, 2008
Here is the program for the New Voices in Trusts and Estates panel discussion of the Section on Donative Transfers at the AALS meeting in San Diego on January 8, 2009.
- Sophie Smyth, Associate Professor of Law, Temple University Beasley School of Law, "The Global Trust Imperative: Reassessing the Trust as an Instrument of International Development Finance"
- Commentary by Stewart Sterk, H. Bert and Ruth Mack Professor of Real Estate Law, Cardozo
- Carla Spivack, Associate Professor of Law, Oklahoma City University School of Law, "Abolishing the Undue Influence Doctrine in Wills"
- Commentary by Melanie Leslie, Professor of Law, Cardozo
- Joshua Tate, Assistant Professor of Law, SMU Dedman School of Law, "Immortal Fame: Publicity Rights and the Power of Testation"
- Commentary by Ray Madoff, Professor of Law, Boston College
The Section will also consider the proposal to change its name from "Section on Donative Transfers, Fiduciaries and Estate Planning" to "Section Trusts and Estates."