Monday, July 28, 2008
Drew Peterson is a former Illinois police officer who has been accused in the death and/or disappearance of two of his four wives.
Here is a brief background of Drew's situation:
- Wife #3 (Kathleen Savio) was discovered dead in dry bathtub with a cut on the back of her head and blood-soaked hair. The coroner's jury ruled her death accidental.
- Wife #4 (Stacy Peterson) disappeared in late October 2007 has not yet been heard from.
- Police are now investigating both situations.
- After exhuming Kathleen's body, authorities now believe her death was a murder.
The following new developments have occurred in the administration of Kathleen's estate according to Stewart Warren, Peterson's lawyers drop Savio estate probate fight, Naperville Sun, July 18, 2008:
- Kathleen's probate case was reopened so that her family members could bring a wrongful death action against Drew.
- Drew and his uncle requested the judge of Will County to delay the proceedings.
- On July 16, 2008, the motion to stay the proceedings was withdrawn.
Special thanks to David S. Luber (Attorney at law, Florida Probate Attorney Wills and Estates Law Firm) for bringing this case to my attention.