Sunday, January 7, 2007
Earlier on this blog, I discussed the resurgence in popularity of burial insurance. In my local paper today (January 7, 2007), I discovered a sealed envelope from the Physicians Life Insurance Company advertising their "Burial Expense Life Insurance."
Inside the envelope which is emblazoned with statements such as "7,000.00 Guaranteed" and "No Health Questions. No Medical Exam. Send No Money Now," were a variety of documents including:
- A letter explaining the policy including the following statement, "The love you have for your family is so real that nothing, not even time, can put a stop to it."
- An application (attached to the bottom of the letter).
- A notice that applicants may receive and keep a booklet entitled "Final Wishes Planner" even if they decide not to continue "protection."
- An extra application to give to a "spouse, relative or friend."
- Postage paid return enveloped with a bold notation , "Urgent -- Route Directly to Policy Issue."