Thursday, March 10, 2011
I know it's lean, but it's the week of spring break...
- NY: $2,500 pain-and-suffering verdict for neck pain from electric shock at Pizza Hut affirmed on appeal. (Hochfelder/New York Injury Cases Blog)
- LA: Appellate court reinstates SJ against injured teen who rode oil pump. (Olson/Overlawyered)
Reform, Legislation, Policy
- Kip Viscusi on "Does Product Liability Make Us Safer?" (SSRN)
- Texas considers banning texting while driving. (Perlmutter & Schuelke)
Trials, Settlements and Other Ends
- Royals not liable for wayward frankfurter. (ABA Journal)
- Verdict statistics on severe leg injuries (Miller/Maryland Injury Lawyer Blog)
- Congratulations to our own Bill Childs and his team from Western New England. The team reached the quarterfinals, and won best brief (petitioner) and best oralist at Rendigs.