Friday, April 2, 2010
Happy Passover! Happy Easter! In torts...
Reform, Legislation, Policy
- The health care bill's medical liability language. (Wood/Point of Law)
- Two by Cathy Sharkey: On Punies, On Preemption.
- Man sues neighbor over alleged deleterious effects of her use of electronic devices. (ABA Journal)
- Palestinian Authority loses another round in NY Appellate Division over $116M terror verdict. (Turkewitz)
- NY: $50,000 pain-and-suffering verdict for 90 days of back pain upheld on appeal. (Hochfelder)
Trials, Settlements and Other Ends
- OR: At least $1.3M dram shop settlement in the deaths of two women (KATU.com)
- NJ: AstraZeneca wins first Seroquel case. (Abnormal Use, via Olson/Point of Law)
- Panel on "Pluralism in Tort Law and Litigation" at the 13th Annual Conference of the Association for the Study of Law, Culture, and the Humanities. (Stier/Mass Tort Profs)