Friday, January 15, 2010
Apologies for the delay; more students showed up than I expected!
Reform, Legislation, Policy
- Waivers as risk management (SSRN)
- Causation in asbestos cases (Legal Theory Blog)
- Tort reform is central to Schwarzenegger's policy goals (Legal News Line)
- Georgia legislature ready to try, try again if reform measures held unconstitutional (Atlanta Business Journal)
- Missouri Supreme Court reviewing that state's reforms (KRCG)
- Well, a look at a new lawsuit anyway, in the form of the defamation suit against some Kardashian or other (Writ)
- Family of murdered toddler sues killer, state (Honolulu Advertiser)
- Family of doctor who died after being tasered is suing Taser International (Phoenix New Times)
Trials, Settlements and Other Ends
- Settlement in suit against Whole Foods and others for crash, though punitives may remain; allegation is that Whole Foods brought trucking in-house without knowing how to do it well (Chippewa.com)
- California Supreme Court denies tobacco suit appeal from $2.85 million award (SFGate)
- Punitive damages reversed in secret videotaping case (where the tape was of Michael Jackson) (MTV.com)
Happy new year, everyone!