Wednesday, January 27, 2010
A man going through a McDonald's drive-thru in Virginia was allegedly burned by the grease from a chicken sandwich. When he took a bite, “the grease from the inside of the chicken sandwich spread out all over my bottom lip, my top lip, down onto my chin.” When he complained to a McDonald's employee, another employee allegedly stated, “This is what happens to the sandwiches when they aren’t drained completely.” The Fourth Circuit vacated judgment for the defendants and remanded the case for trial. The opinion in Sutton v. Roth, L.L.C. is here. The story is from VLW Blog.