Tuesday, March 10, 2009
There's a torts exam in here somewhere:
Two sisters who were struck down with an acute gastric bug on a holiday in Egypt are taking legal action against tour operator Thomas Cook. Diane Harris and her sister Wendy Greenwood, from Batley, travelled to the luxury Marina Lodge Hotel in Port Ghalib last December for what they thought would be a relaxing break in the sun. But after a few days at the four star Red Sea resort, the two sisters were stricken with diarrhoea, stomach cramps, vomiting and high temperatures. Miss Greenwood, 37, was so ill she had to be put on an intravenous drip by hotel doctors, and both sisters say they remained ill for weeks on their return to the UK and had to have further medical treatment. Mrs Harris, 50, claimed she was horrified by the standards of hygiene in the hotel. "The cleaner used the same brush to clean the toilet and then clean the sink," she alleged.
From the Yorkshire (U.K.) Post.