Friday, January 16, 2009
I hope you enjoyed San Diego as much as I did. It's really cold in Harrisburg. In torts...
Reform, Legislation, Policy
- Oregon state Senator calls for attention to tort reform in that state despite budget woes. (LegalNewsline)
- The first data stemming from D.C.'s new requirement to report medical errors is available. A probe will determine whether some hospitals failed to comply. (DC Examiner)
- House passes SCHIP; Obama to sign it. (HealthLawProf)
Trials, Settlements & Other Ends
- Leaks that Eli Lilly will pay to settle Zyprexa suits prove to be true. (ABA Journal)
- Fifth Circuit: Beryllium Sensitization is not a compensable injury in Mississippi. (Steenson/Products Liability Prof)
- Video marketing tips for Lawyers!! (Law.com)
- John Day provides statistics about med mal filings in Tennessee during the last year. (Day on Torts)
- A series of posts entitled "Anatomy of a California Product Liability Case" is at CalBizLit, via Olson/Point of Law.
- "Some ignore law to prevent pools from being child deathtraps" (CNN)