Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Two conferences of possible interest to readers:
1. The 9th Annual Legal Reform Summit presented by the Chamber of Commerce, Oct. 29th in DC.
- The Congressional landscape for legal reform post-election;
- The public's stake in preserving pre-dispute arbitration provisions in contracts;
- Parameters of federal preemption;
- The challenge of discovery abuse in federal and state court;
- Foreign activities of the U.S. plaintiffs' bar; and,
- The role of criminal law in promoting compliance and rational enforcement.
2. The 12th Annual Institute on Class Actions presented by the ABA, Nov. 7th, in NYC.
- New developments in class actions
- Measuring the Class Action Fairness Act of 2005
- Consumer Fraud Class Actions on Life Support
- Unpacking the "Rigorous Analysis" Standard