Wednesday, October 15, 2008
- Nearly one-third of businesses expect an increase in the number of disputes they will face in the coming year.
- One in two (50%) financial services businesses said they expect to see an increase in the number of disputes.
- U.K. businesses seeing more regulatory activity from overseas regulators (SEC, DOJ and EU Commission) than OFT or FSA.
- Average annual litigation spend for U.K. companies now stands at $2.8 million.
- Despite dominating media headlines, subprime matters barely on the radar with 3% engaging outside counsel to assist in these matters.