Wednesday, September 5, 2007
I believe I've posted once or twice about "popcorn lung," a horrific condition evidently caused by a product in artificial flavoring used in microwave popcorn. Until recently, the evidence suggested (inconclusively) that the danger was only to workers (bad enough!). But now there appears to be a case in a person whose only exposure to the product was by way of eating a great deal of microwave popcorn.
Clearly the best coverage has been done by SKAPP's The Pump Handle blog. I don't agree with SKAPP on everything, certainly, but they've been on top of this issue for a long time. It's worth a read, both on this issue and daily.