June 11, 2007
Teenager Dies From Sports Cream Overdose
As reported in Newsday, the New York medical examiner has announced that the death of a seventeen-year-old track star on Staten Island was caused by high levels of methyl salicylate - an anti-inflammatory found in sports creams such as Bengay and Icy Hot. The medical examiner stated that the teen used the sports creams "to excess," and called the death "very unusual."
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Teenager Dies From Sports Cream Overdose:
first of all,i am sorry about her loss.however.....read labels,all over the counter products say something to the effect of"if symptoms persist-see a doctor".secondly,if you are in THAT much pain,perhaps consider altering your exercise regimen.and does no one know how much of this stuff she is using? i fear that once again,people will not accept any accountability,and sue anyone that they can.here we go again.
Posted by: trish | Jun 13, 2007 5:28:04 AM