Monday, January 1, 2007
- The interface for the Wii is unbelievably cool, genuinely accessible to everyone from, say, age 4 up.
- The games are fun and addictive (in addition to Rayman, they brought Wii Sports).
- I can see how the strap would be insufficient and how, in particular with games like the bowling game, damage could occur.
- The system is chock full o' warnings. In addition to the reminders to clear furniture, people, etc., from the region, it also periodically says "Why not take a break?" and describes how to pause the game. It also tells you, daily, how much time you spent playing which games, which can help suggest that you might be overdoing it.
- Did I mention that it's really fun? It is.