Thursday, December 21, 2006
The JPML will meet [PDF] in Miami on January 25. Items of note from the argument docket:
- MDL-1817 -- In re CertainTeed Corp. Roofing Shingle Products Liability Litigation (relates to alleged defects not resulting in physical injuries, so not as fun for us)
- MDL-1821 -- In re Lycoming Crankshaft Products Liability Litigation (not sure what this is about)
- MDL-1822 -- In re Bluetooth Headset Products Liability Litigation (perhaps a suit seeking damages for how silly people look talking on them?) (actually about hearing loss)
Free of charge and as a courtesy of the TortsProf blog to the MDL judges, can we suggest some entertainment?
- On January 24 at the Playhouse Theatre in Hollywood (a performer so cool he doesn't have a website performing at a venue so cool it doesn't have a website), see Magic Dick of the J. Geils Band.* Alternatively, witness the magic of Bernadette Peters's hair at the Broward Center.
- On January 25, relax after a long day of multidistricting and see The Fray at the University of Miami. Try not to wear any FIU attire.
- And on January 26, start a weekend off with Indigo Girls at the Pompano Beach Amphitheatre. You can probably wear FIU attire there safely.
Why, yes, I am sitting in my office waiting for students to take my exam, why do you ask?
* Note: This show will probably be terrible. It just amuses me that someone would advertise himself as being "of the J. Geils Band" as being a good thing.