January 23, 2007
FTC To Hold Workshop on Connectivity and Net Neutrality
The Federal Trade Commission is scheduling a workshop to competition issues in broadband connectivity. The workshop is to take place on February 13th and 14th in Washington, DC. The announced agenda includes
Technical Primer on the Internet;
- What is the debate over “network neutrality” about?
- Discrimination Against and Blockage of Content and Applications;
- Network Operators Charging Fees for Prioritized Delivery of Data;
- Current and Future State of Broadband Competition;
- Consumer Protection Issues in Broadband Internet Access; and
What framework best promotes competition and consumer welfare? Industry and academic/policy views.
The network neutrality item is interesting. The focus so far has been on Congress and the Federal Communications Commission rather than the Federal Trade Commission. Is the FTC staking out some turf here?
January 23, 2007 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference FTC To Hold Workshop on Connectivity and Net Neutrality: