Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Mary Jo White is testifying today before the Senate Banking Committee about her nomination for Chair of the SEC. In her written statement (Download White Testimony) she identified the following priorities:
- finish the rulemaking mandates contained in Dodd-Frank and the JOBS Act;
- importance of robust economic analysis in rulemaking;
- strengthen the enforcement function;
- effective regulation of high-speed, high-tech, and dispersed marketplace without undue cost and without undermining its vitality;
- ensure that SEC has the cuttling-edge technology and expertise to keep pace with the markets.