Sunday, March 18, 2007
Here is a list of the amicus briefs filed in Tellabs, Inc. v. Makor Issues & Rights, Ltd., which will be argued before the U.S. Supreme Court on March 28. The issue is the appropriate standard for determining whether plaintiff met the PSLRA requirement of pleading facts giving rise to a "strong inference of scienter."
Briefs for Respondents (the plaintiff):
- Regents of the University of California, CALPERS and 7 law professors (Cox, Buxbaum, Frisch, Friedman, Partnoy, Steinberg, and Eisenberg)
- Amalgamated Bank as Trustee (oldest labor-owned bank)
- Center for Study of Responsive Law and Public Citizen
- German Association for the Protection of Shareholders, et al.
- Council of Institutional Investors
- Ohio and 23 other states, territories and commonwealths
- Arkansas and 7 other states and 2 public retirement funds
- New York State and other states' retirement funds
- American Association for Justice
- National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems and National Association of Shareholder and Consumer Attorneys
- Allan N. Littman and William I. Edlund
The following were filed on behalf of Petitioner (defendant):
- Washington Legal Foundation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants et al.
- New England Legal Foundation
- Technet, The Information Technology, et al.
- Joseph Grundfest et al
- Pixelplus Co. and Quest Software
- DOJ and SEC
- SIFMA and U.S. Chamber of Commerce