Thursday, October 7, 2010
Princton University: A Conference on Life & Choice in the Abortion Debate:
Inspired by President Obama’s call during his Notre Dame address for those on different sides of the abortion issue not only to work together where we agree, but also to engage in "vigorous debate" with "open hearts, open minds, and fair minded words."
Issues to be Explored:
- Emerging opportunities to bridge the abortion divide
- Moral status of the fetus
- Whether some reasons for abortion exacerbate discrimination against persons
- When might a fetus feel pain and what should we do about it
- How far the right of conscientious refusal extends
- Should abortion be a matter for the courts or the legislatures
If you are not able to attend the conference, you will be able to watch it live online.