October 10, 2012
AALS Call for Papers
From the 2013 AALS Workshop on Poverty, Immigration and Property:
We are seeking proposals for presentations and papers for the 2013 Mid-Year Meeting Workshop on Poverty, Immigration and Property. The Workshop will be held on June 10-12, 2013 in San Diego, California. [...] For these sessions we are seeking proposals that are in various stages of development. We are exploring the possibility of publication opportunities with various law journals.
We invite any proposal on the topic of the Workshop theme. Possible topics within the purview of the Workshop theme include:
- Access to Justice (Labor Camps, Counsel, Language)
- Property Implications of Immigration Enforcement
- International: Land Distribution, Land Reform, Forced Migration
- Race and Property/Race and Immigration
- Climate Refugees: Property, Poverty, Immigration
- Progressive Property: Pro and Con
- Welfare Rights for Immigrants
- Employer Sanctions and Licensing
- Property Formalization
- Home, Housing and Culture
- Property and Citizenship
We expect to select three or four presentations for each of the concurrent sessions. Each presentation will be about 15 minutes, followed by questions from the moderator and the audience.
Interested faculty members should submit a brief written description (no more than 1000 words) of the proposed presentation or paper, along with their résumés. Please email these materials to email@example.com by Friday, October 26, 2012. We will notify selected speakers by December 1, 2012. Please indicate if you would like the opportunity to receive comments from a senior scholar.
For more information, see here.
October 10, 2012 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference AALS Call for Papers: