Monday, March 7, 2011
The Association of Law, Property, and Society conference this weekend was fabulous! A few thoughts:
1. As Steve mentioned, the papers presented by the diverse group of participants were thought-provoking. There was something for everyone at this conference, and I particularly enjoyed the presence of so many international participants.
2. The conference was well-designed to facilitate scholarly and informal networking. I thought that the panels were, in general, organized around the same themes or concepts which helped encourage collaboration. I will definitely be in contact with several people that I met at the conference to provide more info to help their work, or because they had thoughts about resources and ideas to support my work. I also just met a lot of really nice people that I want to stay in touch with!
3. My co-bloggers here at PropertyProf and I (re)discovered that this site has a lot of lurkers. I was struck by how many people mentioned a random post that one of us made months ago. This isn't a blog that attracts a lot of comments, for whatever reason, so it was very nice to hear that our fellow profs do read the blog and find it useful. Thanks for reading!
4. My co-bloggers here at PropertyProf are awesome and it was great hanging out with them in person. Electronic communication (through blogs and e-mail) is a wonderful convenience, but nothing beats spending time with people!
5. The third annual conference is already being planned for next year. If you haven't attended the first two years, I highly recommend that you try to make it next year!
[Comments will be held for approval and may be delayed]